It's Pet Appreciation Week! The week of June 4-10 is celebrated as a time to appreciate your pets. As a tribute, we’ve collected a few things that only a true dog lovers will understand. This info was unofficially compiled by the pet lovers at Parnell through their own experiences.
14 things you understand if you are a dog lover
- The squeaker must die! Plus the toy, and the dog bed, and all the foam must be removed.
- Tissue, toilet paper, clean, dirty, no matter: it’s shredded.
- Finding the dog’s tickle spot as they kick uncontrollably is always funny.
- The rear to feet ratio: distance between the dog’s rear end and your feet when relaxing. Mine is 0 cm.; dog booty must touch my feet.
- Dog hair everywhere. “My favourite accessory is dog hair, because it’s on everything I own.”
- My kids don’t care if I come home, but the dog does! “Here comes the queen!”
- The anxiety a suitcase causes for our dog when you start to pack for the trip and the suitcase causes anxiety for the dog.
- A built-in vacuum cleaner: food dropped will always be picked up by the dog.
- The dog never finds anything smelly until after you give a bath, then it’s time to roll in stink!
- The joy of finding your favourite (fill in the blank) chewed up.
- Your dog wanting you to take the toy to throw it, but won’t let go, won’t let go, won’t let go. Then thrashes it!
- The bed no longer belongs just to you because the dog needs space too.
- It’s 2 AM and the dog is sleep racing in the middle of the night chasing squirrels.
- How hard it is to wake up grumpy with a dog licking your face.
So how will you show appreciation for your pets? Whatever you do, enjoy those adorable fur-babies and the joy they bring to your life.