February is the time for love. This is the perfect time of year to celebrate our love for our dogs. There are several special days this month to allow us to do just that. February 14 is Valentine’s Day and February 20 is “Love Your Pet” Day. Of course, some could be celebrating on February 15, which is Single’s Awareness Day. We are never alone when we have our fur-babies. No matter how you are celebrating love, here are some ideas on what to do with your dog.
8 Ways to Show Your Dog Your Love:
Set aside a day and simply CELEBRATE! Turn off your cell phone, put away work and responsibilities for a later time. Then decide how you want to celebrate best, or maybe just do all of the following:
- Relax & Snuggle (all day). It is perfect weather for indoors. Blast the air conditioner and watch something on TV that you have been meaning to catch up with.
- Take a long walk outside. It doesn’t matter how hot it is, you can still get your exercise in and enjoying time with your perfect pooch is the way to do it.
- Explore somewhere different. Whether you do it at your favorite pet store, or a unique Australian destination, there are so many dog-friendly places to go! Check out “Bring Fido” to see all the places you can go with your dog.
- Spa day! Take your dog for a special pampering complete with a bath and a new haircut if they need one. Don't forget the extra love of drying off, brushing and a nail trim. You can do it or you can take them to the groomer's to do it. The best part: you can do a manicure or pedicure after and really enjoy it!
- Play together! Get a new dog toy for your dog and start running and throwing it around for them. Some dogs really love this so if yours do, be sure to get their favorite!
- Talk to your dog. This may be odd for some, but have you noticed how your dog’s ears perk up when you talk to them? Be sure to continue the conversation all day so they know they have your attention.
- Take your dog to the Veterinarian. We realize this may not sound like a treat to them at times, but you know how it is better to go now for those regular check-ups if you haven’t done so in a while. The benefit of having your dog go to the veterinarian on a regular basis is you stay ahead of any health problems, rather than find out later and being left to deal with something. Prevention is always key!
- Give a Healthy Treat! Others might say: “give your dog some dog treats.” We would suggest: Give your dog Glyde® Mobility Chews! The best news: your dog will think it’s a treat while you know it’s good for them! If they are young or old, this healthy treat will keep their joints mobile and active as they age.
No matter what you do, be sure you take time this month to celebrate your love with your dog. It will do you both good. Now, let’s celebrate!