February is the time for love. This is the perfect time of year to celebrate our love for our dogs and cats. There are several special days this month to allow us to do just that. February 14 is Valentine’s Day and February 20 is “Love Your Pet” Day. Of course, some could be celebrating on February 15, which is Single’s Awareness Day. We are never alone when we have our fur-babies. No matter how you are celebrating love, here are some ideas on what to do with your pet!
8 Ways to Show Your Pet Your Love:
Set aside a day and simply CELEBRATE! Turn off your cell phone, put away work and responsibilities for a later time. Then decide how you want to celebrate best, or maybe just do all of the following:
- Relax & Snuggle (all day). It is perfect weather for indoors. Blast the air conditioner and watch something on TV that you have been meaning to catch up with.
- Take a long walk outside. Yes, it might be cold outside. If you can, try and get out with your dog to get some exercise in even if it's cold. This is a great way to enjoy time with your perfect pooch.
- Explore somewhere different. Whether you do it at your favorite pet store or organizing your own closet, take your pet! It's nice to explore something different for you both.
- Spa day! Take your dog for a special pampering complete with a bath and a new haircut if they need one. Don't forget the extra love of drying off, brushing and a nail trim. You can do it or you can take them to the groomer's to do it. The best part: you can do a manicure or pedicure after and really enjoy it!
- Play together! Get a new toy for your pet! You know what they like best, so be sure to get something perfect for them and enjoy some time playing.
- Talk to your dog or cat. This may be odd for some, but have you noticed how your dog’s ears perk up when you talk to them? Be sure to continue the conversation all day so they know they have your attention.
- Take your dog or cat to the Veterinarian. We realize this may not sound like a treat to them at times, but you know how it is better to go now for those regular check-ups if you haven’t done so in a while. The benefit of having your dog go to the veterinarian on a regular basis is you stay ahead of any health problems, rather than find out later and being left to deal with something. Prevention is always key!
- Give a Healthy Treat! Others might say: “give your dog or cat new treats.” We would suggest: Give your dog Glyde™ Mobility Chews! And of course, give your cat Glyde™ Mobility Chews. The best news: they will think it’s a treat while you know it’s good for them! No matter their age, this healthy treat will keep their joints mobile and active as they age.
No matter what you do, be sure you take time this month to celebrate your love with your pet. It will do you both good. Now, let’s celebrate!